About Medical Tourism AssociationTM
The World Medical Tourism & Global Health Congress is sponsored by the Medical Tourism AssociationTM.
In addition, the conference is the MTA’s yearly International Congress, where the annual membership meeting is held. The Medical Tourism AssociationTM has worked hard to bring together the best expert speakers and the most informative and cutting edge sessions and topics.
What is the Medical Tourism AssociationTM?
The Medical Tourism Association™ also referred to as Medical Travel Association, is the first membership based international non-profit trade association for the medical tourism and global healthcare industry made up of the top international hospitals, healthcare providers, medical travel facilitators, insurance companies, and other affiliated companies and members with the common goal of promoting the highest level of quality of healthcare to patients in a global environment.
Our Association promotes the interests of its healthcare provider and medical tourism facilitator members.
The Medical Tourism Association™ has three tenets: Transparency in Quality and Pricing, Communication and Education.
The Medical Tourism AssociationTM seeks to provide transparency in both quality of care and pricing. Every day we see more and more that the globalization of healthcare has created a very flat world.
We exchange technology, information, communication, physicians and patients.
In order to ensure patient safety, it is our goal to create a transparency about the quality of healthcare that can be found in each country.
With this, it is increasingly important to create a transparency in pricing as well so patients traveling overseas for care can be sure of what they are receiving without hidden costs or unforeseen expenses.
The Medical Tourism Association™ is also working on the Quality of Care Project, which will change the way we look at the reporting of global healthcare statistics and the quality of care available at hospitals around the world.
For more information, click here.
The Members of the Medical Tourism AssociationTM agree that communication is the key to success, particularly with respect to ensuring positive patient outcomes.
Last year, the Founders of the Medical Tourism AssociationTM polled international healthcare providers and found that each provider has the same concerns with the increasing globalization of healthcare.
Why should we all try to resolve these concerns individually instead of collectively? The members of the Medical Tourism Association have agreed to put competition aside and work together to resolve the issues one by one and to work together to address them as they arise.
We have created a forum for communication for all of the actors in the global healthcare environment.
We have committees that work together to address issues such as legal, economic, patient financing, Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance, communication with insurance companies, media support and more.
Although we live in a world where information is at our fingertips, there are so many people who lack the information that they can receive the highest quality of care outside of their home country.
Some patients in countries like the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom have a lack of access to healthcare due to high cost and high wait times.
Patients in some other regions as in some parts of Africa and the Middle East do not have access to high quality of care in their own country and need to look elsewhere.
Some patients just would like to travel outside of their country for healthcare to incorporate high quality of care with a holiday and tourism.
Regardless of the reason, patients need education and information to understand what they should look for in finding a provider overseas and considerations that should be taken seriously to ensure patients safety.
As insurance companies continue to incorporate global healthcare and medical tourism options into their benefit plans and domestic healthcare providers are required to treat patients for aftercare when patients return to their home country, education is required to accomplish this seamlessly.
The Medical Tourism Association strives to provide education to anyone with any interest in this industry using various means: the media, conferences, and through the Medical Tourism Magazine.
The Medical Tourism Magazine is a monthly trade journal aimed to provide a wealth of information for anyone interested in or affected by the globalization of healthcare. For More Information click here.
- To raise awareness of the high level of quality healthcare available in various countries.
- To promote positive and stable growth of the Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Industry with a strong focus on Transparency and Communication.
- To provide an unbiased source of information for patients, insurance companies and employers about top hospitals, their quality of care and outcomes.
- To protect the reputation of Medical Tourism from disreputable hospitals and healthcare providers which may not have the same level of quality healthcare and standards.
- To serve as one voice for purposes of dealing with the government organizations and the media to protect the reputation of the Medical Tourism Association’s members.
- To promote and provide a forum for communication and to increase connectivity between patients, healthcare providers, and insurance companies.
- To seek out future affiliated industries and technologies that will allow international healthcare providers to operate more efficiently in the global healthcare industry.
- To educate patients, insurance companies, agents, brokers, consultants and physicians from around the world about the growth of medical tourism and the globalization of healthcare.
For more information on the Medical Tourism AssociationTM contact them at the firstname.lastname@example.org or call US 561-791-2000