We are now accepting proposals for the 2014 Congress
September 20 – 24th in Washington, D.C.
The submission deadline is February 1, 2014
Please complete our Call for Speakers Form in its entirety as only complete forms will be considered. All presentations/submissions must be in English. We are accepting submissions in all areas of Medical Tourism, Medical Travel, Health Tourism, Health Travel, and related fields including:
- Medical Tourism Trends & Best Practices
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Successful Case Studies
- Marketing / Business Development
- Understanding Buyers of Healthcare
- Telemedicine/mHealth/New Technology
- Academic Research Summit
- Global Medical Network Summit
- Women’s Healthcare Leadership Summit
- Medical Director Summit
You’ve sat through the technical, now here’s the “How to” in putting these strategies in place!
50 minute to two hour sessions. These intimate open discussion sessions provide industry professionals the opportunity to collaborate with their peers. These opportunities provide attendees with practical solutions that they can immediate take back to their organization and begin implementing. Sessions will be set up in rounds to help facilitate the sharing of information amongst congress delegates. We encourage incorporating demonstration and/or hands-on activity, small group activities, role playing, program design and interactivity with attendees to keep them engaged.
CONCURRENT BREAKOUT SESSIONS
50 minute presentations on one of our innovative educational conference tracks: Healthcare Reform, Corporate Wellness, Self-Funding, Global Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, Health Insurance Exchange, Healthcare Consumerism, Employer Direct Contracting or Business Development.
There are three ways in which to submit your paper or presentation ideas for one of our breakout sessions:
- Recommend a Single Presenter: Presentation should address a unique and timely topic matter. Employer case studies with survey or research results is highly encouraged.
- Recommend a Multi Speaker Session: Presentation should consist of 2 – 3 presenters. Presentation must include a minimum of one employer co-presenter (Employee Benefits Manager, Chief Medical Director, Wellness Manager, Global Benefits Director, Compensation Manager and/or other HR/Benefits professionals. Time should be equally distributed amongst all presenters.
- Recommend a Panel Discussion: Panel sessions should consist of 3 or 4 presenters and a moderator. In an effort to ensure diverse participation on the panels, the presenters should represent different organizations. We recommend that the moderator be a representative from the organization that is taking the lead in forming the panel. The goal of this format is to bring together various industry experts and get various perspectives on a timely subject matter.
KEYNOTE OR GENERAL SESSIONS
A 20-45 minute presentation addressing up to 2,500 attendees on a relevant, big picture issue dominating the benefits and healthcare industry. Inspirational or motivational speakers, senior level executives from Fortune 500 Companies, best-selling authors and governmental organizations are preferred.
Speakers, presenters and panelists have been asked to refrain from promoting themselves and their businesses during presentations. While we do understand that at times it may be necessary for a presenter to refer to his or her business by name, promotional efforts of any kind are considered a serious breach of the spirit of the conference.
What we look for
Practical, insightful presentations, not sales-oriented presentations. Attendees are looking for information they can use when they get back to the office. Attendees are particularly interested in case studies and original research results. Proposals should offer tangible value to the audience including customer perspectives, lessons learned, best practices, and performance metrics.
Proposals are reviewed according to specific criteria, including:
- Uniqueness of subject matter
- Topic relevance & timeliness to the Industry
- Case study results and/or examples
- Industry research & statistics
- Presentation includes practical solutions attendees can immediately implement back at the office
- Key learning objectives and take away value for delegates
- Speaking experience of presenters
- Supporting documents such as past presentations, published white paper and/or articles on a similar subject matter
Important Notes for Healthcare Providers & other Vendors
- Healthcare providers or vendors looking to secure one of our coveted sessions are highly encouraged to include patient/buyer co-presenters in their proposal submission. We give preference to proposals that include a patient and/or a healthcare buyer as a co-presenter.
- While we do understand that at times it may be necessary for a presenter to refer to his or her business by name, promotional efforts of any kind are considered a serious breach of the spirit of the conference. Speakers, presenters and panelists have been asked to refrain from promoting themselves and their businesses during presentations.
Conference Fees & Hotel Accommodation
Please note that no speakers, presenters or panelists are paid to attend, including keynote speakers. All speakers pay full registration fees, travel expenses and accommodations. Only in rare cases are a speakers fees waived. Some speakers may be eligible for funding through our VIP Hosted Buyers Program.
Magazine Publication Opportunities
The Conference is affiliated with Benefits Revolution Magazine. Benefits Revolution is a Bi-monthly online employee benefits publication. The Magazine addresses important issues and topics of discussion affecting the employee benefits industry including Healthcare Reform, Corporate Wellness, Voluntary Benefits and Self-Funding. The publication does includes a printed Congress Issue that is distributed to congress attendees at the annual event.
Papers submitted will also be considered for the Printed Congress Issue of Benefits Revolution Magazine.
Share This Call
We kindly request that you share this call with your colleagues. To subscribe to our mailing list please send an email to info@MedicalTourismCongress.com