University California San Diego Health System
William R. Peguero Sr. was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; and educated in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He lived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for 4 years before going to work with Pan American Airways where he was stationed in Miami. He is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
While with Pan Am, William travelled to all 5 continents in the world, an opportunity which facilitated his learning about and experiencing the cultures and customs of many societies. In 1982 William decided to ‘plant his roots’ and chose the Cayman Islands, where he still lives today. Highlights of William’s business holdings and experience include:
- Founded S&T Export Inc., a firm in Florida which has been exporting mainly to the Caribbean and Cayman since 1981.
- Established Sounds & Things Ltd in 1982, a department store which grew from a 500 sq.ft to 13,500 sq.ft. floor space of retail merchandise plus a full wholesale department which distributed brands such as Duracell, Johnson Wax, Clorox ,Armor All; employing some 50 persons. It was closed in early 2008 as a strategic move to focus on other businesses.
- Spent over 15 years experience in property development with real estate investments in the USA, Dominican Republic, Panama, and the Cayman Islands.
- Developed Trinity Square in 2001, a 44,419 sq ft located commercial complex in George Town, Grand Cayman with offices and retail units
- .Represented Jackson Memorial Hospital as their Business Development consultant for the Caribbean from 2006 until 2011, covering 11 Islands.
- Established in 2005 Eaglemount Investment Ltd, a consultant firm that specializes in empowering government and health care advisors to provide fiscally-sound, high quality health care programs, project development in the Caribbean region.
- Formed and established strong relationships with the current governments of Panama, British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Anguilla, Barbados, Cayman Island, Turks and Caicos, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, Curacao, Aruba and Antigua.
- Strategic Relation Executive for Canadian Medical Network, a TPA, since February 2007 until 2012 with responsibility over the business relation with the Governments of the Cayman Islands, BVI, St. Kitts and Nevis, Turks and Caicos Islands, Anguilla and Panama.
- Business Development Manager Caribbean region form John Hopkins from 2009 until 2011.
- Currently Business Ambassador for the University California San Diego Health System, with their business development in the Caribbean Region. From 2012 until present.
- Business relationship with Hilton, Marriott and Starwood Corporations in the Caribbean and Central America region.
- Partner and Senior VP for International Triage Ltd, a TPA [Third Party Administrator/medical management company base in Panama, with operations in the Dom Rep, Colombia, Bahamas, Trinidad and Costa Rica.
- Regional Partner and Senior VP of Market Development for ASUIA LLC [Loyd’s of London Underwriter Insurance Agent, with Liberty Syndicate ], for the Caribbean and Latin America region.
I’m involve with many civics projects like Kiwanis Club of Grand Cayman, drug rehab center, Youth Program in the church and the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce, AMCHAM Chamber of Commerce in Dom Rep, Jamaica and Panama and The Bahamas Chamber of Commerce. I’m married to Ellen Peguero for 33 years and have a son William Jr and a daughter Roxana.